IT managed service is a process that includes making sure that an organization’s IT infrastructure and operating model functions properly, efficiently, and securely. The main objective of this service is to ensure the smooth running of the company’s daily operations through constant support. It makes business processes more efficient and gives management better control over its information technology (IT).
IT managed services can be divided into several groups:
- Network management: This service ensures that everything on the company’s network runs smoothly. It helps the IT department with maintaining network security while providing performance metrics to help troubleshoot any problems with connectivity or other issues. This group also performs maintenance tasks like applying patches.
- Security management: Offers information on how to prevent cybercrimes like fraud and identity theft, as well as how to protect your network from viruses, spyware, worms, and other malicious software. This service includes security audits so companies can improve their current security systems.
- Application management: This service looks for ways to standardize business applications across the company’s different divisions. It also gives support to specific project management activities. Run by a group of specialists, this service can also take care of procurement, installation, and testing.
- IT infrastructure management: Related to all IT assets, this service offers support to all aspects of a company’s IT infrastructure, from its mainframe computers, servers, and other hardware to its business applications.
- Technical support: This involves getting help for the company’s employees when they face technical problems while using their computers or other equipment. Basic tasks include monitoring workstations and printers, fixing software issues or damages to hardware, and restoring data from backups. In addition, it includes providing support for all parts of a company’s IT infrastructure, from network problems to email issues.
- Unified communications: This service combines the functions of several other groups into a single integrated platform that can be accessed through a PC or mobile device. It provides 24/7 support that includes voice, data, and even video conferencing.
- Procurement: This element helps businesses identify which hardware or software products best match their needs. It also includes negotiating purchases with vendors, ensuring IT assets are properly purchased based on the company’s usage requirements, and analyzing vendor contracts to make sure they are acceptable to the company.
- Software development and App Development: This service offers help to companies that want to build or upgrade components of their IT infrastructure. It also gives support for customizing software and building new applications as well as testing those apps once they are ready.
Benefits Of Managed IT Services
IT managed services provide many advantages, the main ones including:
1. Ability To Focus On Core Business Activities
As your IT company takes over your computer network and other technology responsibilities, you will be free to concentrate on tasks that are central to your business. There is no need to spend time and effort learning how to handle new software or hardware that would otherwise lead to a decline in work performance.
2. Saving Costs
IT managed services provide an opportunity to cut IT costs through better management of your technology. The providers can invest in further enhancements to their hardware and software, resulting in a more efficient technology that saves you money in the long run.
3. Improved Productivity
Other advantages of IT managed services include the ability to work in real-time with your employees through interactive sessions, allowing both sides to solve problems efficiently. These providers also provide software and hardware that are compatible with each other, resulting in increased productivity.
4. Better Security
IT managed services providers can provide advanced security measures for your company’s IT systems, protecting against unauthorized access to your data and network. Nearshore IT managed services providers can also provide security enhancements on an ongoing basis, keeping your data safe at all times.
5. Predictable Costs
There are monthly plans offered by IT managed service providers which provide you with a fixed number of hours of computer support, meaning you can accurately forecast your future costs related to the IT department.
6. Instant Access
If a problem occurs in any part of your organization’s IT infrastructure, IT managed services provide you with fast access to highly trained professionals who will solve the problem without delay. This is especially important for technical problems that occur when you are in the middle of crucial business activities.
7. Agile and Flexible
IT managed services can reduce costs while increasing quality, which benefits any organization regardless of its size and nature. This is possible because such companies’ employees remain on standby if your company requires their help (after hours or on weekends), allowing them to attend to issues as soon as they arise.
8. Better Customer Service
IT managed services providers can offer better customer support since their staff is more available, staying in touch with your company’s management team for greater organization-wide transparency. This improves the quality of service as well as the overall customer relations.
9. Better Communication
In IT managed services, trained professionals who can speak your company’s language are on standby to provide you with a more cohesive level of communication, which is vital for a successful business operation that can react quickly to changing business needs.
10. Risk Management
One major advantage of IT managed services is risk management, guaranteeing your company’s information security at all times through improved data backup methods. This also reduces the risk of downtime due to failure in any part of your computer network or hardware infrastructure.
Nearshore IT Services
Nearshore IT services are similar to IT managed services, only that nearshore IT services focus more on the IT department’s human element. Services are provided by local professionals who can work in real-time with your employees and management team members.
The term nearshore refers to the nearness of the vendors’ location to the company’s location, compared with other off-shore options like China or India, where there is a greater degree of separation. This way, you can maintain control over your IT department without having to spend too much money on it.
Benefits Of Nearshore IT Services
One of the most important advantages of Using nearshore IT Services is that they provide a local team with knowledge of the local culture and language. As a result, you may anticipate much better communication between your staff and service providers than outsourcing alternatives with greater language barriers.
In addition, nearshore companies have less geographical distance between them and their employees, so they can provide faster response times to service requests.
You can also expect flexible payment options with nearshore IT services since they offer monthly billing rather than the pay-per-project or pay-per-hour models followed in other countries.
They generally follow a project management structure where their entire team is divided into different divisions according to their skills and abilities, so you can expect better coordination between their different teams.
Lastly, nearshore IT companies offer better customer service with a 24/7 support system and a fast response time to service requests.
In the end, nearshore IT services benefit all types of organizations in different ways, and they provide a more efficient and cost-effective solution to solving your company’s IT problems.
Contact Near Contact Today
If you need Nearshore IT services in Mexico, Near Contact is here for you. We are a team of highly-skilled IT professionals who are committed to meeting your company’s IT needs, no matter how challenging they are. Contact us today for more information on how we can help you and your business.
For more information on how Near Contact can help you access the pool of IT skills you need, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Near Contact
Specializing in digital transformation, software development, and mobile apps, Near Contact attracts and retains the top talent from across Mexico to support US enterprises and service providers. With over 20 years’ experience matching the right talent for each client and project, Near Contact’s flexible, hybrid outsourcing model offers fast access to a highly-skilled, scalable resource pool—delivering your project, your way. www.nearcontact.com